List of house rules right off the bat
0. Character creation using the “Point buy System” found in Run Faster.
Recommended character creator : Chummer5
1. Using “retro shapeshifters”
All shapeshifters start out with the Shift (Human), Regeneration, and dual natured, as well as the weaknesses Allergy (Silver, Severe) and Vulnerability (Silver). Their Natural Weapons are usually only available in their critter form. Shapeshifter characters also have Enhanced Senses that they retain in both their animal and human forms.
2. No deckers or technomancers.
They will be strickly NPCs
3. No licences/SINs
Because I’m not dealing with them. Mostly to speed things up and to remove layers of micromanagement.
4. No changelling
I might use them as NPCs but, once again, trying to trim some layers of complexity here. There’s still 2 pages worth of races + variants to pick from.
5. Unless you are familiar with the game Run & Gun is off the table for character creation
Core book and Run Faster have nice enough options. You can always upgrade in game.
6. Knowledge : Int + Log x2
7. 2 free contacts.
8. Money : 10 Karma for 20 000 ¥ at character creation.
9. Athletic Group gets collapsed to a single skill
10. Weapon foci add 1/2 of their rating to their accuracy limit.